Monday 24 October 2011

Lust-Haves: In for the Kill.

Let me set the scene. 

Sydney's temperature went up to a scorching 33 degrees today. There was no breeze, and I felt like my clothes were superglued onto me (humidity, go away!). Naturally, when I got home, the first thing I did was to open up my windows to somehow cool the room down. Then I bee-lined for the shower. 

The horror began when I went back to my room. Because my room was the only source of light, all the insects and their mothers and fathers and siblings and lovers and friends decided to congregate around my windows. Some even went through my so-called insect proof fly screen and were wreaking havoc in my sacred place of sleep and relaxation. 

I screamed like Janet Leigh did in Psycho, and proceeded to flail my arms in an attempt to kill, or at least detract, the pesky animals. I ran downstairs to get Mortein. Of course, there was no Mortein to be found. The best I could do was shut my windows and let my room resemble an oven again. 

So today I am not lusting after anything. There are things still flying around my room that I did not know existed. My wishlist is a thing of necessity. It only has one item. 

Image courtesy of See Reeves

Lust. Need. Now.

1 comment:

  1. haha what a big change in the weather from yesterday until today- i thought i was gonna die in bed from the heat last night.. and today im back in a jumper ! No wonder all of Sydney is sick atm xxx

    ReplyDelete