Monday 6 June 2011

Lust-haves: Sugarcoatin'

Winter is here! For the past few weeks, a voice akin to the carpet sale spruiker has been shouting "Coats, coats, coats" constantly in my head. This season, it's all about the camel coat for me. Since I don't have a money tree, I have to resort to drooling over the beautiful selections in front of my computer.

Designers have truly unleashed their creative license when it comes to this trend, serving up an endless array of cuts, lengths, and styles. Chloe, as usual, has given us elegant, loose shapes that makes me wish I was alive during the 60s and living in Paris, Lanvin has experimented with more architectural shapes, while straighter cuts abound at Gucci and Michael Kors. Skinny belts are the choice accessory to add femininity and take the camel coat to 2011 aesthetics.

Lust.

Left to Right: Hussein Chalayan, Missoni, Chloe, Stella McCartney
L-R: Dries Van Noten, Lanvin, Gucci, 3.1 Phillip Lim
L-R: Michael Kors, Rebecca Taylor, Gucci, Gucci

No comments:

Post a Comment