Monday 23 January 2012

Lust-Haves: Asian Influence.

恭賀新禧! Happy Chinese New Year! It's the year of the dragon (the best zodiac sign, in my humble opinion), so here's to an exciting and prosperous year!

Speaking of Chinese culture, I am off to Hong Kong in exactly 38 days (not that I'm counting or anything). I have a penchant for writing lists, so of course I am compiling a wish list for all the fashion and beauty brands that I want to pillage when I get there! I have not set a budget for myself, so this could get dangerous. Anyways, here are a few Hong Kong lust-haves that I'm hankering for:

Marni for H&M
Image via Fashionologie

When the Marni for H&M collaboration was announced hot off the heels of the success with the Versace for H&M collection, I nearly fell off my seat. As fabulous as the Versace outing was, Marni's design aesthetics hits closer to my heart. And when I heard it was to be released on March 8 globally, I wept in excitement knowing that I was going to be in Honkers on that date. So I will be ticking off "camping overnight for fashion" off my bucket list come early March. 

Skinfood Aloe Sun BB Cream

I have heard such good things about this BB cream, especially for those with sensitive, dry, easily irritated skin like me. You can get them in Sydney at Asian cosmetic stores such as Blush Cosmetics in World Square (Town Hall), but it is seriously overpriced here. So I am going to stock up in HK -  they're sold on Sasa, I believe!

Forever 21
Image via Hong Kong Hustle

Forever 21, the Korean-owned US mega clothing chain, has finally arrived in Hong Kong! The flagship Causeway Bay store had its soft opening a few days ago, giving us a sneak peek of its grand opening sometime in the HK spring. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this, especially when their online store's shipping fees are astronomical! 

Hada Labo
Image via Hada Labo

I am really interested in trying out the Hada Labo range, and see for myself what all the fuss is about! I don't think I've read any negative reviews on their products, especially their Super Hyaluronic Acid, which helps improve the moisture retention of skin (music to my ears!). Hada Labo is also available in Sasa, so my wallet will be losing a lot of weight there. 

Needless to say, I will be packing a mostly empty suitcase for this trip. Dear lovely people, what other brands should I look out for in Honkers?

Lust.

No comments:

Post a Comment